Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Salsa Verde Pork Chops with Lemon Rice

Are you ready for another yummy recipe?? OK here it is. I got part of the idea from a cooking blog and tweaked it a little. I hope you enjoy! Sorry no picture.

Pork Chops:
Season 5 boneless pork loin chops with salt and pepper and a touch of cumin then brown pork chops in a pan. Add about 1 cup of green salsa verde sauce. Let simmer for about 5-10 minutes and serve over lemon rice

Lemon Rice:
Squeeze the juice of one lemon into a measuring cup and then add enough water you will need to cook rice to feed 4-5 people. Cook the rice as you normally would. I added a touch of lemon zest too. I used instant brown rice so I could get dinner on the table faster.

I served this with strawberries for color and from start to finish I had dinner on in 15 minutes.

each serving has...
203 calories
31 g carbs
3 g fat
14 g protein

No comments: