Monday, April 4, 2011

Healthy Dinner

Let me start by saying I wish I had taken a picture because it not only tasted good but was super yummy!!


I made super easy Chicken Tacos!!

This is not the first time that I have made it and I should make it more my boys devour it. Remington ate 4 tacos. Hello I am going to go broke when they are teenagers. Anyway that is for a different post. This is how you make them. I put 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts in a crock pot and then add about 1 cup of salsa. I use the stuff we can from the veggies out of our garden. Then cook on low for about 8 hours. Shred the meat and then eat in corn tortillas. Ryan and the boys like the tortillas fried I just heat them up. We top them with cheese (I opted out) shredded cabbage, avocado, & extra salsa. I also made a rice and beans mix that some of them put into their tacos I just ate it on the side. I ate 2 tacos and had about a cup of rice and the whole dinner calorie wise was 455!! I am stuffed and there are a ton of leftovers so hurray lunch for me and the boys tomorrow. Yummy goodness!

No comments: